Teaching & Training
This practice has been accredited as being suitable for the training of those doctors intending to become general practitioners after being assessed by the GP Deanery for Kent, Surrey and Sussex.
These are some points for your information:
- Those doctors training to become GPs are called GP registrars. They are employed by the practice and one of the GPs here will be their trainer.
- The GP registrar is a fully qualified doctor who is likely to have a lot of experience of hospital medicine.
- Sometimes other doctors are also trained and supported in the practice.
- If you are seeing the GP registrar you can expect to receive the quality of service you would from your own GP. If you have any concerns please mention this to a member of staff.
- As part of their training GP registrars will occasionally need to video consultations in order for them to be assessed. In this respect you may be asked for your permission to have your consultation recorded in this way. If you agree, you will need to give your written permission and a consent form is available at reception.